IZIT? Entertainment was born out of World Expo ’88. The Natural Theatre Company from Bath England were contracted for the whole six months of Expo, employing several local actors and armed with an arsenal of roving characters never enjoyed before by the Australian public, the company literally blew everyone away.
From these heady days the company continued after Expo and was eventually bought by 7 local actors, we went through a couple of name changes until we settled on IZIT? Entertainment. In the early years we were a street theatre company offering our own unique characters and performance styles. We traveled Australia with all the major Festivals for the first 5 years as well performing regularly at South Bank and Dreamworld. The needs of the client are varied and with this we realized that offering only our 15 characters, it was certainly time for a re think.
Our motto was thrown away 'No we don't do Clowns' and since then we have continued to grow and develop our vast array of entertainment options to this day. Not only are we proud of the entertainment we both create and offer, but over the last 27 years we have been able to employ numerous actors both in Brisbane and Sydney (and we all know how actors suffer from lack of employment). We pride ourselves on the caliber of our actors, who are skilled in improvisation and character creation.
The acts we offer are always highly skilled, professional, reliable and certainly entertaining. Our best form of advertising is word mouth so it is never in our interest to offer anything less than quality.
Since 1990 we have been booked by thousands of client, many return customers.
The following are but a few of the paths IZIT? has crossed.
- South Bank General Roving Entertainment 1994-2001,
- Burdekin Water Festival – 2004 to 2007
- South Bank – Christmas Celebrations 2005 to 2007,
- Flight Centre Travel Shows - 2006 to 2011 & 2016 to 2017
- Maryborough - Street Theatre Workshops - 2005 to 2010,
- Premiers Department Qld Week 2008 to 2010,
- Premiers Department Aust Day 2009 to 2011,
- Moreton Bay Regional Council 2006 to the present,
- Ipswich Event Corporation - 2007 to the present,
- Ipswich Workshop Railway Museum - 'Thomas & Friends' School Holiday Show - 2004 to the present,
- RACQ Motorfest - 2006 to the present,
- Goondiwindi State high School Workshops - 2008 to the present,
- Sunfest Workshops Gladstone - 2008 to the present,
- The Ekka - 1999, 2000 to 2003, 2009 to 2011, 2013 to 2015,
- City of the Gold Coast - 2012 to the present,
- Movieworld's Carnivale - 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Movieworld's Fright Nights - 2014, 2015 & 2016,
- Myer Christmas Parade - 2011 to 2016,
- Carnival of Flowers Festival Toowoomba – 2004 to 2016,
But we wont go on..........